SNAPSHOTS OF YEAR LONG COURSES
StartCoding had presented in Karnataka Sangha through Bangalore Sahodaya on October 22nd and 23rd.
We would like schools to introduce coding from Primary years since coding is the 21st Century skill and children need to be well equipped with coding skills.
Frequently asked questions
- The brain is formed fully by the age of 9 and then the decision making capability starts.
- Coding preferably should start before that. Higher Order Thinking Skills should be introduced post the age of 9, this can be done through introducing Computational thinking in Secondary years.
- Having said that, it’s not late if your child has crossed his primary years.
- Just that the earlier he/she starts, the better it is.
- This purely depends on the way it is introduced. A child friendly way to introduce it to children will give
- We can teach children only so much, they start teaching us after that !!
- We have worked with schools and have seen amazing results in the coding competitions conducted regularly in schools !
- Depends on the age of the child.
- There are a lot of apps available which induct a child into coding…try LightBotJr for 1st years …graduate to ScratchJr 🙂
- We have a whole set of tools year on year which introduce them to coding and build their skills gradually.
- And we have seen children run towards the computer in classrooms for their turn 🙂
- Block based Programming Language to start with which ignites the coding mindset.
- If you start a child onto higher level languages directly , he will dislike it instantaneously.
- The reason is that children by nature like shapes, color, movements, they like to play !
- We get them to play and map the concepts appropriately 🙂
- Kids learn to read before they write.
- A language like English too is taught to be read before a child learns to write.
- Similar principle applies to Coding Languages.
- The child needs to learn to read code before he writes code.
- GUI Based Learning methodology promotes this kind of learning.